Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) is a national research and evaluation firm serving foundations, government agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofits. PPA works in several policy areas delivering research and analysis, program evaluation, strategic consultation, and other supports to sound policymaking. PPA values creativity, excellence, integrity, teamwork, learning, and diversity and inclusion.
We are seeking to hire a full-time, experienced research associate to model PPA’s values and support a multisite workforce development project, in addition to contributing to other projects and policy areas within PPA’s portfolio as needed. The work will include playing a substantial role in quantitative data collection and analysis, as well as summarizing findings in reports and contributing to qualitative research as needed. Specifically, the work will include survey construction and management, merging and managing data from multiple sources, performing descriptive and inferential statistics, proposing methodology to meet client needs, and translating findings for clients and their stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others to deliver high-quality work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in data management, quantitative analysis, and synthesis from multiple sources.
- Ability to explain statistical concepts and data findings to lay audiences in addition to articulating designs and analytical approaches to peers.
- Minimum five years’ experience in applying methodologies and working with social service contexts.
- Ability to use Stata, SPSS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and adapt quickly to other software. Experience with Access a plus.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Interest in and familiarity with multiple policy areas.
- Master’s degree in a social science field or statistics required, Ph.D. preferred.
Lansing, Michigan, with periodic travel within Michigan and around the country.
PPA offers a complete benefits package and annual salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply via our Web site at www.publicpolicy.com. Applicants should submit a cover letter, the PPA application, a resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please click on this link for the application.
PPA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.