Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) recruits diverse and talented researchers who are passionate about public policy, and highly skilled in analyzing information and developing innovative solutions to meet clients’ needs.
Every staff member at PPA plays a critical role in the success of projects and of the firm. They take a deep, personal responsibility for their work and play active roles in shaping their day-to-day activities while meeting the needs of our clients.
At PPA, we embrace diversity. We recognize that a diverse staff provides broader insights and perspectives and enriches both our workplace and our work product.
Position Title: Research Associate I
Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) is a national research and evaluation firm serving foundations, government agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations. PPA works in several policy areas delivering research and analysis, program evaluation, strategic consultation, and other supports to sound policymaking. PPA values creativity, excellence, integrity, teamwork, learning, and diversity and inclusion.
We are seeking to hire a full-time, experienced research associate to model PPA’s values and support projects in a variety of policy domains, including juvenile justice, workforce development, education, and healthy communities. As a research associate, your essential functions will include extracting data from extant sources, contributing to research designs, supporting the development of data-collection tools and protocols, managing datasets, conducting data collection and analysis, and summarizing findings in reports.
In addition to project-specific work, research associates at PPA are expected to contribute to the development of new business opportunities, take part in efforts to improve project and business operations, and engage in ongoing learning and professional development.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, PPA values a staff with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. All candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science field or public policy and three years relevant work experience (required) or,
- Master’s degree in a social science field or public policy and one year of relevant work experience (preferred).
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated skill in data management, basic statistical analysis, and synthesis of information from multiple sources.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience using statistical software such as Stata or SPSS.
- Experience with online survey software.
- Experience working with diverse populations and an ability to utilize a culturally responsive lens to research.
- Interest in and familiarity with one or more of the policy fields in which PPA works. Coursework or experience in one or more is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to strategically prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytic, verbal, and writing skills.
Vice President for Research Operations
Lansing, Michigan with periodic travel within Michigan and around the country.
PPA offers a complete benefits package and annual salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply via our Web site at www.publicpolicy.com. Applicants should submit a cover letter, the PPA application, a resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
PPA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.