Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) recruits diverse and talented researchers who are passionate about public policy, and highly skilled in analyzing information and developing innovative solutions to meet clients’ needs.
Every staff member at PPA plays a critical role in the success of projects and of the firm. They take a deep, personal responsibility for their work and play active roles in shaping their day-to-day activities while meeting the needs of our clients.
At PPA, we embrace diversity. We recognize that a diverse staff provides broader insights and perspectives and enriches both our workplace and our work product.
Research Associate II
Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) is a national research and evaluation firm serving foundations, government agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations. PPA works in several policy areas delivering research and analysis, program evaluation, strategic consultation, and other supports to sound policymaking. PPA values creativity, excellence, integrity, teamwork, learning, and diversity and inclusion.
We are seeking to hire a part-time or full-time, experienced research associate to model PPA’s values and support projects in a variety of policy domains, including juvenile justice, workforce development, education, and healthy communities. As a research associate, your essential functions will include extracting data from extant sources, contributing to research designs, supporting the development of data-collection tools and protocols, managing datasets, conducting data collection and analysis, and summarizing findings in reports.
In addition to project-specific work, research associates at PPA are expected to contribute to the development of new business opportunities, take part in efforts to improve project and business operations, and engage in ongoing learning and professional development.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, PPA values a staff with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. All candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for the position:
- Master’s degree in a social science field or public policy and five years of relevant work experience
- Two years experience in performing quantitative analysis
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated skill in data management, advanced statistical analysis, and synthesis of information from multiple sources.
- Experience with sampling strategies and executing research designs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience using statistical software such as Stata or SPSS.
- Experience with online survey software.
- Experience working with diverse populations and an ability to apply a culturally responsive lens to research.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to strategically prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys working independently as well as collaboratively.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytic, verbal, and writing skills.
PPA staff members currently work remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The PPA office is located in Lansing, Michigan and staff periodically travel within Michigan and around the country.
PPA offers a complete benefits package. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
Please apply via our website at www.publicpolicy.com. Applicants should submit a cover letter, the PPA application, a resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
PPA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.