Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) recruits diverse and talented researchers who are passionate about public policy, and highly skilled in analyzing information and developing innovative solutions to meet clients’ needs.
Every staff member at PPA plays a critical role in the success of projects and of the firm. They take a deep, personal responsibility for their work and play active roles in shaping their day-to-day activities while meeting the needs of our clients.
At PPA, we embrace diversity. We recognize that a diverse staff provides broader insights and perspectives and enriches both our workplace and our work product.
PUBLIC POLICY ASSOCIATES, INC. JOB POSTING
Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) is a research and evaluation firm serving foundations, government agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofits nationally. PPA works in several policy areas delivering research and analysis, complex program evaluation, strategic consultation, and other supports to sound policymaking. PPA values creativity, excellence, integrity, teamwork, learning, and diversity and inclusion.
We are seeking to hire a full-time Project Manager with at least five years of experience leading research and evaluation projects. This position is responsible for designing and implementing evaluation plans and other research efforts, contributing to business development, maintaining strong client relationships, leading project teams, and modeling PPA’s values. Candidates should have experience in education or workforce development.
- Master’s degree in a social science
- Minimum of five year’s management experience in research and evaluation
- Proven ability to create and manage project budgets and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work well with others to deliver high-quality work
- Excellent writing skills, including proficiency in clearly, concisely, and powerfully communicating information to multiple audiences
- Demonstrated skill in data management, statistical analysis, and synthesis from multiple sources.
- Experience applying a broad spectrum of quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools and techniques from design through implementation; experience with quasi-experimental research
- Track record of winning new projects or funding to support research
- Experience working with foundations, educational institutions, and/or federal, state, and local government agencies
- Well-developed professional network that extends across states
- A strong customer-service and problem-solving orientation
- Ability to apply issues of inclusion, diversity, and equity to research in a culturally-competent fashion
- Ph.D. in a social science
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience with experimental research
- Experience with strategic planning and facilitation
- Publication and presentation record
Lansing, Michigan, with some travel within Michigan and around the country
PPA offers a generous benefits package and a salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, the PPA application, a resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Senior Research Associate
Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) is a national research and evaluation firm serving foundations, government agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofits. PPA works in several policy areas delivering research and analysis, program evaluation, strategic consultation, and other supports to sound policymaking. PPA values creativity, excellence, integrity, teamwork, learning, and diversity and inclusion.
We are seeking to hire a full-time, senior research associate to lead PPA projects related to social justice and population health and food systems. The senior research associate will model PPA’s values, design and lead the execution of research and evaluation project tasks, and contribute to the development of new projects/policy areas within PPA’s portfolio as needed. The senior research associate will assist PPA project managers in the delivery of quality work products and services, including written reports, proposals, publications, presentations, facilitation, and consulting. The work will also include managing and executing primary tasks associated with studies, supervising and tracking the work of research staff and playing a lead role in drafting data collection instruments and data analysis plans.
- Proven ability to facilitate groups around sensitive topics.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others to deliver high-quality work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in data management, qualitative analysis, and synthesis from multiple sources.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Interest in and familiarity with criminal justice, education, population health and food systems, and/or workforce development.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline with minimum of five years of relevant work experience. Ph.D. preferred.
Lansing, Michigan with periodic travel within Michigan and around the country.
PPA offers a complete benefits package and annual salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply via our Web site at www.publicpolicy.com. Applicants should submit a cover letter, the PPA application, a resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
PPA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.