Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) recruits diverse and talented researchers who are passionate about public policy, and highly skilled in analyzing information and developing innovative solutions to meet clients’ needs.
Every staff member at PPA plays a critical role in the success of projects and of the firm. They take a deep, personal responsibility for their work and play active roles in shaping their day-to-day activities while meeting the needs of our clients.
At PPA, we embrace diversity. We recognize that a diverse staff provides broader insights and perspectives and enriches both our workplace and our work product.
Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) is a for-profit research, evaluation, and consulting firm. We are seeking a part-time bookkeeper to work in our Downtown Lansing office location with our chief financial officer. The ideal candidate is interested in developing their accounting skills in a fast-paced, hands-on setting. We seek someone who is reliable, trustworthy, and is excited about joining a dynamic team and growing in knowledge and skills.
The position reports to the chief financial officer but interacts with other staff and clients at various times.
Summary of Duties
- Prepare client invoices and post payments.
- Process accounts payable invoices and cash disbursements.
- Assist with general ledger adjustments and basic financial reporting.
- Aid with projections and forecasting for future revenue and cash requirements.
- Assist with the development of budgets for projects and general corporate operating budget.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Enrolled in a master’s degree program in accounting or finance or will enroll in the 2021/22 school year.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with accounting software packages preferred.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time effectively to accomplish work on each project within the time allotted.
- Ability to work constructively with other staff members.
- Problem-solving skills and good judgment.
- Ability to work productively without close supervision.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Available to work 15-20 hours per week within the office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
We wish to hire someone for this position immediately, with employment continuing through August 2022 ideally. We request that the applicant be available at a minimum for at least two consecutive school terms. Compensation will be paid on an hourly basis.
There is the possibility of future full-time employment as a regular staff member. PPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of diverse backgrounds.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, a completed PPA application form, and date available to start to:
Chief Financial Officer
Public Policy Associates, Inc.
119 Pere Marquette, Suite 1C
Lansing, MI 48912