Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) is a national research and evaluation firm serving foundations, government agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofits. PPA works in several policy areas delivering research and analysis, program evaluation, strategic consultation, and other supports to sound policymaking. PPA values creativity, excellence, integrity, teamwork, learning, and diversity and inclusion.
We are seeking to hire a full-time, entry-level research associate to model PPA’s values and support projects in a variety of areas, including juvenile justice, workforce development, education, and healthy communities. The work will include supporting meetings, contributing to research designs, data collection, data analysis, and summarizing findings in reports. Data-collection efforts may include assisting with site visits, interviews, surveys, and focus groups. Analytical tasks may include contributing to data cleaning, coding, descriptive or inferential statistics, and data visualization.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others to deliver high-quality work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent note-taker and well organized.
- Demonstrated skill in data management, basic statistical analysis, and synthesis of information from multiple sources.
- Ability to use Stata and/or SPSS, Excel, and Word, and adapt quickly to other software. Experience with Access a plus.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Interest in and familiarity with one or more of the policy fields in which PPA works. Coursework or experience in one or more is preferred.
- Master’s degree in a social science field or public policy.
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience.
Lansing, Michigan with periodic travel within Michigan and around the country.
PPA offers a complete benefits package and annual salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply via our Web site at www.publicpolicy.com. Applicants should submit a cover letter, the PPA application, a resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please click on this link for the application.
PPA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.