Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) recruits diverse and talented researchers who are passionate about public policy, and highly skilled in analyzing information and developing innovative solutions to meet clients’ needs.
Every staff member at PPA plays a critical role in the success of projects and of the firm. They take a deep, personal responsibility for their work and play active roles in shaping their day-to-day activities while meeting the needs of our clients.
At PPA, we embrace diversity. We recognize that a diverse staff provides broader insights and perspectives and enriches both our workplace and our work product.
PUBLIC POLICY ASSOCIATES, INC. JOB POSTING
Public Policy Associates, Inc. (PPA) is a research and evaluation firm serving foundations, government agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofits nationally. PPA works in several policy areas delivering research and analysis, complex program evaluation, strategic consultation, and other supports to sound policymaking. PPA values creativity, excellence, integrity, teamwork, learning, and diversity and inclusion.
We are seeking to hire a full-time Project Manager with at least five years of experience leading research and evaluation projects. This position is responsible for designing and implementing evaluation plans and other research efforts, contributing to business development, maintaining strong client relationships, leading project teams, and modeling PPA’s values. Candidates should have experience in education, health and human services, or workforce development.
- Master’s degree in a social science
- Minimum of five year’s management experience in research and evaluation
- Proven ability to create and manage project budgets and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work well with others to deliver high-quality work
- Excellent writing skills, including proficiency in clearly, concisely, and powerfully communicating information to multiple audiences
- Demonstrated skill in data management, statistical analysis, and synthesis from multiple sources.
- Experience applying a broad spectrum of quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools and techniques from design through implementation; experience with quasi-experimental research
- Track record of winning new projects or funding to support research
- Experience working with foundations, educational institutions, and/or federal, state, and local government agencies
- Well-developed professional network that extends across states
- A strong customer-service and problem-solving orientation
- Ability to apply issues of inclusion, diversity, and equity to research in a culturally-competent fashion
- Ph.D. in a social science
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience with experimental research
- Experience with strategic planning and facilitation
- Publication and presentation record
Lansing, Michigan, with some travel within Michigan and around the country
PPA offers a generous benefits package and a salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, the PPA application, a resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.